Signing up and payment
Health screening policy
All clients must complete a PARQ before commencing any exercise programme. You may be required to provide a letter of ‘medical clearance’ from your GP.
Fee charging policy
All sessions will be paid according to the session rates charged at the time of booking. Payment for single sessions will be paid for at the beginning of the session. Payment for packages or memberships will be paid for in advance. All purchased sessions must be completed within 1 Year of purchase or they will be forfeited.
All payments can be made at our Front of House.
- We do not accept cash or cheques
- For bank transfers – please email [email protected] for details
- Payments for packages can be made on the Common Purpose App
Getting set up
- All memberships are formulated by a direct debit agreement and must be set up at the Common Purpose Front of House.
- All memberships will start on either the 1st, or the 15th of the month. The start date is dependent on when the membership sign up occurs and the client can elect what date suits best
- Cancelling your membership ahead of the agreed time frame requires the client/member to pay a 1-month cancellation fee. The cancellation fee will be the price of the 1-month membership rate that you signed up to
Carrying over unused sessions (surge sessions)
- If you have been unable to fulfil all your sessions for the month, these can be carried over to the next. You can use these sessions in addition to the sessions you pay for in your membership.
- Common Purpose refers to unused sessions as ‘surge sessions’ to encourage you to train more frequently to make up for missed training
- You cannot collect more than 4 additional sessions in one go
- Should you continually fail to fulfil the sessions in your membership, we will bring this to your attention and suggest alternative memberships of packages
Freezing 1 month
Based on your membership the terms for freezing are as follows:
Three month term – Client can freeze for 1 month but still needs to train for 3 months in total. This will result in the time to complete this package to be 4 months
Six month term – Client can freeze for 1 month but still needs to train for 6 months in total. This will result in the time to complete this package to be 7 months
Twelve month term – Client can freeze for 1 month only and DO NOT need to train for 12 months in total. This will result in the time to complete this package to be 11 months
Ongoing twelve month term – Client can freeze for 2 months only each 1-year membership cycle.
- Packages can be bought at Front of House or on the Common Purpose App.
- All packages have a 1 year expiry from the date of purchase and any unused sessions will not be refunded.
- Refunds – The purchasing of a package shows commitment from the client/member and Common Purpose will not provide any refund unless you cannot continue due to medical reasons and provide a valid medical note. Should you not wish to continue you can transfer your remaining sessions to a friend or family member. Please email [email protected] or speak to the clubs House Manager
Bookings & cancellations
- Common Purpose reserves the right to change session slots as necessary.
- The Client understands that it is their responsibility to ensure that the dates and times booked are correct. You may be charged for missed sessions as detailed in the Cancellation Policy below.
- Regular Training Sessions – The client/member may want to secure a regular session that is reserved in the Common Purpose diary on an ongoing basis. You must achieve at least 70% attendance of their regular session to continue to secure this regular session. Should the client’s/member’s attendance be less than 70% than Common Purpose reserve the right to cancel this.
- If the client/member cancels their session 24hrs before the booking, there will be NO CHARGE
- If the client/member cancels their session within 24hrs of the booking, there will be a FULL CHARGE
- In the event of cancellation by Common Purpose, we are responsible for notifying the client/member of any such cancellation. There will be no charge/loss of session
The client/member are entitled to move their session to another time within the same week by adhering to the following…
- If 24hrs notice is given ahead of the session in question
- If LESS THAN 24HRS NOTICE is given ahead of the session in question, moving the session will be at Common Purpose’s discretion
- A session can only be moved once
- A session cannot be moved to the following week or further
- The client/member cannot cancel a future session, then move the current session to the future cancelled session’s place
Paying for someone else’s training
A client/member can link their account with a family member or friend. You will have a full overview of the training sessions and payments of the person linked to your account. Your family member or friend will still require their own door access card and Common Purpose will need to set up a personal account for them too.
Facilities & the club
Door access cards/membership card
For security and safety, Common Purpose requires that all members/clients use their door access card/membership card to access the facility.
We require all members/clients to tap their card on the card reader at the Front of House to reconcile their session.
If you lose your card you will need to pay a £5 replacement fee to receive a new one.
If you forget your card 3 times in a row, we will require you to purchase a new one for £5.
Lockers are available for use by Members and their guests whilst they are on the Club’s premises, subject to availability. Members must ensure that the contents of the daily lockers are removed at the end of their visit. Only Members who have paid to hire a permanent locker may have personal items left in their lockers overnight. Permanent lockers remain the property of the club. The club reserves the right to open lockers without the member’s permission or the member being present. All bags must be kept in lockers and should not be taken into the fitness areas. The Company reserves the right to remove the contents from any ‘non-permanent’ locker, which has not been emptied after the visit. Property cleared from lockers, or left on the premises, shall be held for between 10 – 31 days, dependant on storage available onsite. Unclaimed items are donated to charity.
Client/member code of conduct
Common Purpose aims to provide a fully inclusive training environment that allows all clients/members, affiliate practitioners and employees to feel comfortable in the gym. We ask all clients/members to:
- Be self-aware, being mindful of your language and behaviour that may offend anyone
- Take phone calls off the gym floor
- Wipe down equipment with antibacterial wipes after use
- Keep the facility clean and tidy
- Dress appropriately
- Store appropriate items at the facility in a safe manner
The Common Purpose code of conduct is not limited to these points and if any client/member may act out of line with our ethos we will ask them to leave.
Client/members health and safety warranty
- Illness – We ask that you don’t visit the Common Purpose Club whilst suffering from any infectious or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from a physical ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other members, clients or employees.
- Fire exits and emergency routes – We recommend that before using the club you familiarise yourself with the fire exits and emergency routes in case of evacuation. Please note that employees are NOT required to “seek & search” the building. Therefore, it is the responsibility of each individual to follow the relevant instructions. Please note lifts will not be operational during an emergency evacuation.
Closed circuit cameras operate within the Club (except in the changing areas) see our Privacy Notice for more information. Any unlawful activity within the Club may be reviewed for possible legal action.
Members/clients are encouraged to give feedback, they can either do this by emailing [email protected] who will ensure it makes its way to the right person or by speaking to the clubs House Manager when in the club, who will do the same.